Long ago a great lion was fast asleep in the wood. A mouse ran over the lion's paw. The great lion woke up and caught the little mouse, and was going to kill her. The poor mouse looked up.“ O dear Lion! ’’ Cried the Mouse; “ Do you kill me? Please spare my life. If you spare my life now, I will repay you some day.” “ How can you repay me?” said the Lion. “You are too small to help a great lion.” But he lifted the paw and away the mouse ran. Not long afterward, the lion was caught in a net, and could not get out. “ I can' t break this net,” he said, “ I'm afraid I shall be killed.” Just then the little mouse happened to pass by. She ran up to the lion and said, “ Kind friend, I will help you.” She cut the ropes of the strong net with her sharp teeth. “ Thank you,” said the Lion. “ I see that even a little mouse can help a great lion.”
1. A Little Mouse and a Big Lion live in the forest. Little Mouse is afraid of Big Lion. He always stays away from Big Lion. One day, Little Mouse has big trouble. When he is walking in the grass, Big Lion catches him。
2. "Let me go!" begs Mouse. "Someday I will help you!"
3. "You help me?" says Lion. "Ha, ha, ha!" But Lion opens his paw. He sets Mouse free。
4. Many days pass. One day, Big Lion has big, big trouble. He is caught in a big net. He cannot move. Roar!
5. Mouse sits up. He hears that roar and runs to help。
6. "Help me!" begs Lion。
7. Mouse starts to chew. He cuts off the ropes with his teeth and sets Lion free! Little Mouse saves Big Lion!
8. Lion does not laugh at Mouse now. Because he knows — even the littlest Mouse can help the biggest Lion。
When a lion was asleep,a little mouse began running up and down beside him.This soon wakened the lion.He was very angry,and caught the mouse in his paws.
"Forgive me,please." cried the little mouse."I may be able to help you someday." The lion was tickled at these words.
He thought,"How could this little mouse help me?" However he lifted up his paws and let him go.
A few days later,the lion was caught in a trap.
The hunters wanted to take him alive to the king,so they tied him to a tree,and went away to look for a wagon.
Just then the little mouse passed by,and saw the sad lion.
He went up to him,and soon gnawed away the ropes."Was I not right?" asked the little mouse.